Friday, September 26, 2008

New Mercies

Are you thankful for the mercy that God gives us anew each day?? I was just blown away by God's grace yesterday and I want to wake up each day more aware of His grace... it is so amazing. The women in my Bible study are great and it is cool how much people are already opening up.

The grass is all in and there are some little green leaves coming through the dead grass in those 2 sections!! Yay! However, Mark informed me that one of the new control valves is always leaking... so he is going to try and exchange it. I feel bad for the guy... apparently for some reason everything he buys is defective! LOL

Wow - side note - just got interuppted by a Jehovah's Witness at my door. A first for us in this neighborhood. He couldn't have been older than 21... sad. I'm proud of my response though. It went down like this:
Daniel the JW: "Do you feel that the world leaders are making the right decisions regarding the wars today?".
Me: "Are you a Jehovah's Witness?"
Daniel: "Yes."
Me "I'm a Christian."
Daniel: "Oh great, we believe in most of the same things!"
Me: "We believe in SOME of the same things. I do believe that God is on the throne and I pray for our world leaders that they will listen to God and be in tune to his wisdom on making decisions. So, I thank you for stopping by, but I don't think there is really anything we need to talk about."
Daniel: "Okay, thank you for your time ma'am." (Walks away)

Wow! I think that was like record time to have them go away...he must be new, I need to pray for him.

Anyhow... Mark was such a little hottie with me at the Mary Kay director debut. We got him a phat pink tie for Mary Kay events so he finally got to show it off. He also did a great job "swearing in" the husband of the new director. Mark was totally taken off guard to be asked to read the oath to the husband in front of like 75 people... he is the kid who tries to hide in the back of the room :) He did great though. So proud of him. I was bummed to not have any guests, again, so I will just keep trying. It is so much more fun to have a guest... don't care if they are interested, just want a guest! I think its kinda like the "taking a friend to the restroom" sorta deal.

I did get the border on my baby doll quilt. I'm using the fabrics I had picked out 14 years ago. They are horrible. LOL. It will be cute to have it completed though. I'll show ya when its done!

No comments: