Monday, April 4, 2011

Lions, Tigers & Taxes - Oh my!

Fantastic.  That is my word to describe, for the most part, this past week.  Also, it is my new favorite word.  It just seems to describe things so well and enthusiastically.  Wouldn't you feel encouraged and energized if someone walked up and said, "You look fantastic!". Or, "You are a fantastic Mom (or wife, or piano player or trash man, whatevs).  See?  It is a fantastic word!

Last Tuesday Mark & I went to the zoo.  I will post pics another day... i think I've said that a few times before so you have a lot of pictures coming. We totally enjoyed the beautiful day and cute animals.  Love me some otters.  I still feel bad for the animals sometimes though.  Really, who wants to be caged? I'm just sayin'.

Friday I headed up to Glendale for Mary Kay Career Conference.  I totally enjoy the time with the gals... and you can't beat the training.  So motivating, so thought provoking, so Biblical.  I may not talk about it enough, but I really do love Mary Kay.  It is hands down the greatest opportunity for women.  And God has big plans for me to do... and I am scared to tears, just so you know, about doing them.  Before, I never fully understood how people could be so intimidated by what God called them to do, that they would cry and then do it, or better yet, vomit then do it.  I understand now.  So here I go.

Yeseterday was also a fantastic day.  I love being with my brothers and sisters in Christ!  Youth service in the morning was interesting as our youth pastor shared with the students that he will be leaving soon.  Should be an interesting few months for us youth staff.  I have had many words with God about bringing us into this ministry at such a crappy time as He did.  But I realize we are here for such a time as this... so I have appologized to God and moved on! LOL

After elements every other sunday we have some sort of activity.  Last night we played basketball.  For the record, I literally don't remember the exact last time I played.  So, with that in mind, I did did okay.  Got a nice raspberry on my knee diving for a ball.  Made a couple shots. Missed a lot of shots.  Made some good passes.  Made a lot of terrible passes.  But, I am smart.  I got on the team with a former female european professional ball player, and possibly the most competitive guy there, so we stayed on the floor the whole night but one game.  :)  Now I want basketball shoes.  And I want to play more.  Then maybe they won't be screaming at me to pass every time the ball touches my hands!!!

Oh, and I spent all Thursday evening finishing my taxes with my father-in-law.  YAY!!!!!!!! Wanted them done by April 1. And I met my goal.  Fantastic! 

No comments: