So I like spur of the moment things... and sometimes that gets me in trouble. My good friend Joanna's 27th birthday was today. When I called a couple days ago to see what festivities we had goin' on for her, she informed me of her new tradition to do the "Winterhaven Fun Run" each year for her B-Day to celebrate. For those who don't know, Winterhaven here is a neighborhood that gets all doozied up with lights each year... there are hay rides and all. This is their 58th year actually. Anyhow, beside the point. The deal is, this "Fun Run" is a 5k. To put into normal terms, thats 3 1/2 miles approx. (there are 2 short breaks). Yeah, how often do I run these days? You guessed it! I don't! But, in the spirit of Christmas and celebration, I joined in. It was one of our coldest nights yet, but still beautiful. The 4 gals I went with were great... and lo' and behold I actually compeleted the entire run with them! I know! Go me! The lights were pretty, company great, weather festive, and the exercise well needed.
I'll let you know how I feel in the morning :)
2 comments:
yeah for you!
Wow! Yay! That sounds fun, especially with JoJo! from the Princess on her desert island
Post a Comment