Friday, December 12, 2008

What a difference 2 weeks makes

Nicole is my hero...seriously, the consistency of people like her who blog like everyday is MIND BOGGLING! You are my inspiration boo boo.

So, how to sum up 2 great weeks??? Okay, a list. I do good with lists as usual. I am, after all, a crazy organizing perfectionist with a dis-organized office. Lists are good.

So here she is... i'll try to do chronological order.
1. Thanksgiving... I did get in a little parada/coffee time after all. Little being key word. I did have a fabulous breakfast at the Mahoney's, a nice little visit at the Livingood's, and some great food and fellowship at the Fire Station! There is a nutshell alright

2. Had a nice day in Sierra Vista at my grandparents the day after Thanksgiving. My parents and Mark & I went down. Had fun playing with Mary Kay and visiting with an Aunt.

3. GOT OUR PLANE TICKETS TO INDONESIA!!!!! Did I even mention that Mark & I were blessed with someone buying us tickets?!! We leave January 29th and come back February 13th. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! We are so excited but have much to do before then!

4. Have had some really fun Mary Kay appointments with current and new customers... playing with skin care, color and helping with lots of gift giving!!

5. December 4th started the Holiday parties... had a white elephant party that day, a beautiful tea at church 2 days later, attendend Laura's work Christmas party & white elephant exchange that same night, had a fabulous holiday "Everyday Gourmet" lunch, gift & exchange Tuesday (12/9) and then our last big Thurs AM Bible Study potluck party this past Thurs morning. Yes, that would equal 5 parties in 8 days. Don't worry, I'm not done partying yet...

6. I finally got to watch a Univ of Arizona basketball game on Wednesday night. We won which was a bonus. Not sure how we'll do agains Gonzaga Sunday... its just not the same without Lute. SAD!

7. This brings me to today...and oh what a day. I am blessed with a new friendship and customer whom I met through my Bible Study. I got together with this new friend, Sandy, yesterday for MK and SOO enjoyed my time with her and her husband. Great people!! Well, as if that wasn't enough, she set up a lunch date today for me to go out with them and her friend Mollye and her husband Bill. Here's the thing about Mollye Morrow...she is a Mary Kay National Sales Director Emeritus!!!! Yes, you heard me right. For those who need perspective, she just retired, after 41 years in MK, in 2006 (Mary Kay started 45 yrs ago). She was a National for 33 years and was the 3rd National EVER! She was trained by Mary Kay herself. It is a safe bet to say she is getting about $30,000 / month from Mary Kay in RETIREMENT. She earned over $6 million in her career, and will add a few to that before her retirement is up. And, on top of ALL that, she is an awesome woman of God! So, all that to say, I got to sit with her and Sandy for over 2 hours...
i'm still taking it in. What an immense blessing and treasure God brought to me. There is over 1.8 million consultants in over 36 countries... and I just got one on one time with the 3rd National ever. WOW! I have been give a great challenge...to use the talents God has given me. And guess what?? I took her lemons! Yep, thats right. My neighbor has been blessing us with fresh lemons off their tree, so I took some for her and Sandy. My gift to an NSD = Lemons. She loved them :)

How awesome is my life??

No comments: