Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Perseverance

To Persevere... That is so much easier said than done.

Today I am in pain. I have been in pain for a week now on the side of my left knee. I do not know what happened exactly, I have theories, but no certainties. I have been good and stayed away from the gym, except a couple days ago I went and sat in the hot tub to stretch a bit. But, I probably should have done better to "stay off it". Yesterday I finally babied it. Put a hot pad on A LOT and kept off it totally as much as possible. Went to bed doing great, but about 2:30 am was awoken by the pain again. No fun, no fun. My doggie does her best to comfort me, but even her powers seem lost on my knee. Today we go to the chiropractor again... depending on his words, I may decide to take a trip to someplace to get an x-ray, i.e. MRI more than likely. Anyhow, lets just assume it does not come to that. For those who know me though, I do not succumb to tears for pain very easily. Well, I have met my match this time.

There have been other trials this week, but none worth mentioning, and in the big scheme of things, not a huge deal. I did manage to wash Belle yesterday and trim up her face/head. She is so soft and cuddly now. I love that. Yesterday I also went with Laura to take Addy to get shots. Let me tell ya, that kid is a Champ! I helped out by getting some smiles and her attempt at giggles before the big event. She is so sweet... melts my heart :)

I dropped my parentals off at the airport Saturday morning for their treck around the world to SE Asia. I will be excited to hear their stories!! I know it was hard for them to leave Addy Cakes. Very understandable. Well, I'm hobbling off to do a few chores and then get propped back up. Unfortunately for Mark, he will have to do some grocery shopping today. This ol' knee is having none of it!!

2 comments:

Sommer said...

Katrina- I totally feel you about the knee pain... I am actually going in next week to have mine looked at by an orthopedic, my stairs and my kid are KILLING me right now! I will totally be praying for you as I am feeling my own knee acting up :(

Nicole B said...

did you say off to do chores?!! Chores!? if that's your idea of staying off it...we might have identified the problem...or part of it at least. So sorry that your knee hurts boo boo...feel better soon!