Friday, June 12, 2009

New Things


So for the record, believe it or not, my knee was INCREDIBLY better the next day after my last blog. For the short version, Dr. Parish said it was "Emotional Memory Overload"... basically my stress from things that happened, were happening, was coming out in the form of my knee killing me. Cause here's the kicker, that I knew was weird, despite the immense pain and not being able to straighten my knee, there was never any swelling. I know! So, you guessed it, I basically had a chiropractic counseling session, I got my word to focus on, and fwala (or "Voila" actually, shut up Laura)! A week and a half later I'm hanging out all day with Jr. Highers, playing earth ball (where you crawl like a crab) and bowling! Praise the Lord! The power of positive thinking is AMAZING!


So on to other things... I have realized we have been blessed with many New things in this past month so I thought I'd start to give you a run down. Disclaimer: may be a longer blog.


In random order:

1. Our new computer - Loving it, you heard about it already


2. EZ Bookclips - i got them for at the gym, something I've wanted for a long time so researched and got these. Have yet to try them out, but can't wait! To check it out go to ezbookclip.com. I got them in gold & silver.


3. Chiroflow Waterbase Pillows - Can you say A-MA-ZING??? Mark & I have have major improvement in sleep and no more hurting necks. Such an answer to prayer! Saw them at the Chiro office, but I of course went straight to a distributor online (ScripHessco.com) and got them cheaper. And you read that correct, you actually put water in them, way cool.


4. Lightwedge Reading Light- this is just for me because I read while going to sleep each night. What this does is really cool, I actually just got mine yesterday so we are still trying it out. I found the best price on one that includes a cover at BetterWorldBooks.com - check it out!


5. New Sheet Set - Halelujah! Who knew a $30 purchase could bring such joy?! And why did I wait so long. God bless Ross Dress for Less for having cheap sheets that are still quality - and DEEP enough for out big mattress. LOVE THEM!


6. New MK Team Member - Yay! So excited for another new team member! I love her and can't wait to work with her. Just FYI, the goal is still to complete first month of Car Qualification (can you say FREE CAR) and be ready to go into Director-in-Qualification starting July 1.


7. Juice Plus - finally got my order in for this awesome product this week. It is whole food capsules, 17 fruits and vegetables, that has undeniable research from all kinds of places. Side note I am also a distributor, just becaue I know I talk about things I am excited about so if someone is interested they can just get it through me. You can read more at www.juiceplus.com/+KL25864. PLEASE NOTE: I'm not doing that for the money - I'm called into Mary Kay - but I believe staying alive is really important and I believe this product can help us all out a lot. Cool thing is that if an adult gets on it, if they have a kid(s) between 4 & 18, the kids get it free for 3 years! Way cool! Same if your kid is 19-26 & a full time student.


8. Quickbooks Pro 2009 - Obviously this brings me excitement, not so much mark. I used QB's for all the accounting I did in offices, so I'm super excited OfficeMax.com had an incredible one day sale on it so I got it! Normally its $199 and I did not want to invest that much into it. I will spare you the unfortunate details of how I cannot migrate my MS Money file into it myself though and had to send it to Intuit. We got the latest & greatest computer and apparently they're conversion tool is not compatible with that yet - not very "Intuitive" if ya ask me. All I'll say is 1hr + on phone with cust. svc. rep in India + no conversion = FRUSTRATING! It will be worth it, so i'm telling myself.


9. LG Steam Washer & Dryer - we have been needing new ones and did not want to wait until ours totally died (they came with the house). So, I was meandering through Sears on Wednesday, asked some questions, and before I know it, I'm bringing in Mark the next day to check out a bright cherry red dandy of a duo. And we got them! They are going to be awesome, and we got a great deal cause we got the floor models that were discontinued. And my wheeler/dealer husband got the manager to come down even more! They arrive tomorrow... i can't wait....


10. So we don't have this yet, but we are in the process of picking out new cell phones. Mine is now breaking so I figure its time. Any ideas??? I got a list form our Rep (we are cool like that with a corp. rep through the Fire Dept) so do you know anything about the

- LG enV3

- LG VX8360

- Alias 2

- Pearl Flip or

- LG Voyager


Help! I have no idea what to go for, even after reading all the specs. Its gibberish. I only really use the phone part (duh), texting, bluetooth, camera and sometimes video options.


Okay, I am fighting sickness, so I'll leave a bit of something for another blog.

Real quick shout out to my sista Laura - Happy Big 30!!!


1 comment:

Nicole B said...

you got a steam washer and dryer??? I am SO jealous! I totally regret cheaping out when we bought our set. live and learn.