Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Timing

So Friday I went to feed Fish (that was our fish's name), and he was dead. I was the only one home, and I totally teared up, and still might when I get the chance...I flushed him down the toilet Is that weird to be sad over a fish? I'm gonna miss the little guy.
Then I went to get online... and my modem was dead. No internet. Mark was working his side jobs still, so we did not see each other again until the evening. We met up and headed to get a new modem, then got a quick bite to eat (Jimmy John's is great subs if you haven't tried it). Mark got a message suddenly... he was supposed to be at work for a trade. So off he went for the night. It was not one of my better days. I was home, by myself on a Friday night, fighting with this computer. It won.

So again, I have a choice. Linger in the crappiness of the day, or try to rise above. I've decided perspective is the best thing in life. Although I find it easy to point out others who need perspective, I realize more and more my need for it. A dead fish and modem? A husband at work? Not huge deals really. However, I know that God cares about the sparrow that falls, so I think He still cares about my tears for my little fish. I just can't wallow in such trivial disappointments.

Saturday we went to Safford, AZ for a family reunion of my mother's mother's mother's side of the family. (Got that?!) Mark knew as much of the family as I did, so it was interesting... as in, we didn't really know anyone. We hung out for a few hours, visited with some. It was real. Funny that we were the "big city" folk.

Sunday I did not go to church, but I groomed Belle & went out to my sisters and saw my niece. Mark was working. Enjoyed my time there and then yesterday we had an impromptu cook out at my in-laws. Mark made some delish feta burgers and then I got some "Pawn Stars" in... great show.

Last week I did set a record... my working out improved to all 5 days of the week! Woohoo! This morning I had a prayer meeting, doctor's appointment, and then I headed for the gym.

The moral the past week for me has been that God gives and takes away. Everything is much easier to swallow when He is giving rather than taking. There is a season...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear One...We can never appreciate those good things that God blesses us with...without a taste of the not so Good. As Job said, why should I not embrace the hard things in life [my words] when our God provides me with such abundance. Amen len

Nicole B said...

i am sorry to hear about your fish. and i'm sorry it made you sad!