The day of my birth anniversary was pleasant enough. Nice lunch out with my in-laws at Texas Roadhouse - love me some Prime Rib!! Got to hold my new niece, Melanie, for the first time. Oh, yeah, by the way, my new niece, Melanie, was born on Saturday!! Had a granpa die the day before my birthday last year, so it was cool to have a niece born that day this year :). Had many wonderful birthday wishes and some great presents.
Addison is still alive, score for me! She is doing very well, actually. She got some time with Granpa yesterday, so I know she loves that. She is sleeping like a champ, nap times and all. Today was first day just she & I (did I get that right, Laura?!). Ventured out to the library - big bomb on hanging out with her in there. She went for the dog food about 15,000 times today. Discipline seemed not to phase her. God Bless her parents. I was rather entertained when I turned and caught her with her mouth just above the dog bowl... she decided she wanted to try eating the food like Belle, apparently. Classic! She ate a little dirt out of my only potted plant indoors and she likes to try and climb everything. She is, overall, a really easy and great kid, though. SOOO self entertained for the most part! I ended the day with a nice long walk (she strollered it, of course), which was nice. I did give in to her "Elmo" wishes today for a bit, and I have to say it was the favorite part of my day... it was just before her afternoon nap time, so she snuggled in right against me, with my arm around her, for like 20 or more minutes... i think I even snoozed a bit. TOO PRECIOUS! Oh, we got to talk to her Aunt Selena on Skype as well, so that was good too.
Yep, I love her, and I'm gonna be missin' her in a couple days :(. Oh, took her to the nursery at church yesterday for basically the first time as well - she was of course a champ there too. She rocks!
1 comment:
yay! good for you! such good practice!
Post a Comment