So I ran today. It was a good day. And I ran with no pain. And I ran with my old shoes on. I know, right? Well, the mystery was finally solved, after my knees are almost back to normal by basically not doing much working out for a week and a half... it was my new shoes!! Yeah, they were killing me!! SUPER big bummer because I already got the not-so-cheap socks to go with them...and the socks are black. Chances of my replacement shoes being black?? Slim to none. :( Sad times. Such is life. I am behind now, on my training, and that could get me anxious. If I let it.
Gave Addy back last night. Will admit without shame that I got teared up driving to the airport to pick up her parents and take them all home. It was work, yeah, what 17 month old isn't, but they just make you happy being around them (for the most part). I love that little kid, and its not the same here now without her. I got to see her baby nephew this afternoon and then we took dinner over to the new parents tonight and saw our brand new niece... hard to believe she'll be like Addy in such a relatively short time. We had a great time over there fellowshipping, eating, confiding. Encouraging. Then we came home. Belle was here to greet us, as usual, and that does make me smile. Are we losers because we just have a dog and each other? No, it is what God has given us, and for that I am thankful. Some would say I am less, that I am way more selfish and immature than those "other" women, you know, the ones with kids... if you don't believe me, you can read them saying it on Facebook... I'll let you decide your take on that.
My dear husband had a great "come to Jesus" talk with me this afternoon about life. Gratefully, I already know Jesus, but it was just like one of those talks. I'm hoping it worked. Hoping doesn't get me too far though, that is the rub, it is in the doing that things happen. So I will continue doing, and let you know what I've done. Today, I ran. 2 miles. And now I'm going to crawl into bed and snuggle with my dog and hubby.
Oh, I also handed out 6 business cards while I ran errands, got 3 numbers in exchange, took my grandma's awesome vintage coat to the cleaners, grocery shopped, did a facial with a fun gal, did office work, paid some bills, took food over and hung out with bro & sister in law... etc etc. Just in case all you thought I did was run :).
1 comment:
Katrina dear...I is now OCTOBER 2010 !! Jesus, husband,your puppy, family, friends, Mary Kay,etc., etc., BLOG ! LW
Post a Comment