Friday, October 15, 2010

Get my run on... hopefully

So I set out for my run Wednesday... about a mile & a half into it, I had to walk, or limp rather, all the way back to the car.  Not a good way to start the day.  Just at the moment I started walking, feeling the pressure of my race in two days, the pressure of feeling like a failure in both my training and other areas, feeling the pressure of what I need to get done, feeling the pressure of lfe, this song came into my headphones... and tears came with it...



Next to Him, I’m so small
He’s so perfect, I’m so flawed
I’m so poor and He’s the maker of all
He’s the melody that makes my soul sing
He adores me, though I’m so unworthy
And I can say, I’m beautiful
Because He sees me

God's love takes pressure away... He sees me, and He helps me.  He doesn't care if I run, walk or crawl.  Ya'll, I don't know if I can run my race in the morning, but I will be there, I may walk across the finish, maybe I won't even finish.  But the make of the universe will be with me no matter what and so I am and will be soaring. 

When my oldest sister was home for a visit a couple months back, she of course spent lots of time with Addison, my niece.  She would say, "Addison, I see you!" and Addison would glow!!  We love to be seen! I am so thankful God sees me, and my goal as I go about my day, as I go about my business of meeting and helping woman, as I hang out with the youth, is to above all let each person know I SEE them, that they are important.  That is my purpose.  Then maybe I can let them know how they can soar too. 

3 comments:

Nicole B said...

your race is on Sunday? Good luck boo boo! Dont get stressed out over it..what's worse case scenario?

Katrina said...

Race is tomorrow morning, Saturday. It is the Bisbee 1000 Stair Climb, not my half marathon. Worst case? Falling on my face in front of a news crew - but hey, then it will get many people many laughs, so its all good!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Katrina..Good job! Chariots of Fire, I believe to be a great motivational book and film for runners and all who take on that which is placed in the heart by our Lord. Keep it up and maybe the Olympics are next !!
len w