Friday, October 22, 2010

Racing

Last weekend was fabulous!  Well, I didn't know until I took fmy first couple steps how it would feel, but when I did I knew I could do it!  I watched my feet most the race in order to land on as flat of ground as possible each time.  My ankle was weak, yes, and gave some nice pain once in a while, but I did it!!  Not only that, I came in 445 out of like 1665 timed runners.  I did it in 55:35, which I had said 55 was my goal!!  I had SOO much fun hanging out with my aunt that whole day in Bisbee and was SOO glad she was there to encourage me and be my fan! :)  One highlight was a chiropracter doing FREE trigger point massages.  She just did like a 5 minute one on your worst area - she may have saved my ankle after the race! 

I spent two nights at my Grandma's... very nice to be away for a weekend. I hope can get more people to DO the race with me next year. TOO fun.  Oh, and by the way, 1034 STEEP stairs, at LEAST 73 at one time is REALLY REALLY hard.  But fun ;)

This week has been busy, as usual.  I took Mon - Wed off of exercise to try and get my body to just be healed.  I did run 5 miles yesterday though.  Felt good, and my ankle did not swell.  It is a little tight and sore this morning though. So boo.  But it gets mostly rest until our 8 mile run Sunday.  We'll see!

Had a nice Mary Kay guest event Tuesday night where our National Sales Director came to Tucson for the first time. In the MK world, that is a big deal.  She is one of the top who is carrying on Mary Kay Ash's legacy for us... oh, and she makes $20-$25,000 per month.  So they talk, and if we are smart we do what they say :). Was glad to have a guest that night too!  Wednesday morning she did training for just consultants, then surprised me by asking me, out of our whole unit, if I wanted her and my director to come to my home that night and give me some personal instruction on my office etc etc.  So, they came... and that was very humbling and cool. 

My hubby FINALLY came home that night and joined me at High School small group that we went to for the first time.  We were with seniors and they were very cool.  Still don't know how God is going to show us which group to be with!! 

Had a friend visit with her adorable baby girl and 1 yr old boy she is taking care of yesterday.  I LOVE visitors!!!! And then we saw my whole fam that is here last night.  Addy cracks me up, as usual.  Just too stinkin' cute.  So, here's to another great weekend.  Here's to discipline, joy and step in the right direction. 

1 comment:

Nicole B said...

LOVE that picture of you on the stairs! Great job!