So the days are long and HOT. I try to not have the A/C running 24/7, but really, when it is this hot, it runs all day even when you have it on 80 degress plus. It is worth it though, I will say that. Honestly, why would you live anywhere but here?! And apparently word has gotten out how great it is here... cause the town is quickly becoming HUGE! It seems a 20-30 drive is normal these days just to go anywhere. Okay, I'll stop before my tangent and rabbit trail get too long. Back to me.
I had the FUNNEST facial Wednesday evening with a gal I met at church. Her hubby was out of town but bought us angel food cake, strawberries and whipped cream to enjoy when I came over. I know! How cool is that?! I had a blast. And tonight was a super great Mary Kay guest event at a hotel near the airport. A National Sales Director, Cindy Williams from Texas, was here and she is HILARIOUS. I love her and so I asked my new fave friend from the facial to come along (for free entertainment) and she did since she really has been sad without her husband here. So anyhow... she is just as crazy as I am so had a blast along with me and agrees that Cindy is really funny and motivating. God is just really cool, just to throw that in, because I love how he brings really cool people into my life! And I just love hearing stories of how he orchestrates things in our life to bring Glory to Himself and to bless us (or to set us straight!).
He just really blows me away sometimes and I'm kinda in that awelike moment of Him right now.
I had a customer/friend come to our training meeting with me last night too and we did her color as we have our fabulous new ones out. I was so excited that she chose a "dramatic" look. She looked beautiful and also, as the other gal, is an awesome person! I'm just so blessed to be able to get together with amazing women, teach skin care/color, and call it work! It is great. The Mary Kay year is ending June 30th so I'm looking back and just so thrilled with where God has brought me this past year in my business. I am so anxious to step out in this coming year and see what He will do ... and in all areas of my life! He is so faithful to equip us to whatever He calls us to.
At Target this afternoon we picked up a Dog Grooming kit (cheaper than ONE professional groom!) so i'll be sure to show my handy work (or not so much!) on Belle when I get around to it. She is a huge puff ball right now so needs clipped bad. Mark helped out at the TFD training grounds last night for the newest recruit class's graduation demonstration night. It is exactly one year ago that it was HIS night! Hard to believe it has finally come... the end of his probation. PTL! He is on his 6 days off right now, but when his next tour starts on Tuesday, there will be 2 new "boots" (new guy) at his station. It is so crazy that he is not Low Man anymore. I'm so HAPPY!!
Well, tomorrow we are off to Sierra Vista to visit my grandparents. I am looking forward to seeing them since we moved them back down there after they were up here for Grandpa's rehab for a few months. I got used to seeing them a lot so now it seems kinda sad not seeing them! We have named their house the "Coma House" ... you immediately want to take a nap when you get there. Here's to a great nap tomorrow!!
1 comment:
Congrats to Mark for making it thru the first year! woo hoo!
Any pics of the baby all groomed? I want to check out your handy work!
Post a Comment