Great weekend overall. Grandparents was fun though everyone but me seemed to get a nap in... and my Aunt Debbie who cleaned while I watched :) Mark and I did much of the cooking, believe it or not, and just had a good time sittin' and visiting. I got to hear some stories of the "who, what, where" of dishes and such around the house from my Grandma. I think I will catalogue all that next time I go. I like to know things like that. I got killed at a game of Horse Shoes by Mark... although i can't say that is a real feather in his hat as we had to play for like an hour just to finish. And we thought you played to 11! Yeah, I sent my dad out to give the boy a dose of reality :) Mark held his own... till pops got his groove back. I think my parentals may put in a pit at their house now. I'm all for it. Nothin' like a good game of horse shoes!
Sunday held another awesome class of "Building Health Relationships" and a great sermon by Pastor Coop. I love that guy. Then, we hung out at my parents for the rest of the day. It was great to have sister Laura along for part of it. We played some wild and crazy Yahtzee (family favorite) and I must say, I kicked some tale part of the time. But, in the end, Dad pulled out the big Triple Yahtzee win with 3 "Yahtzee's" and some other good rollin'. Good job dad... you better be ready for next time cause I got your number.
Today has been pretty much taken up by the dog!! Washing and brushing took long enough as her hair was SOOOOO long. She was a huge puff as you can see in the picture. I then have the "after" pics... a good 3 hours after!!! So, i guess i'm saying practice will make perfect, and hopefully QUICKER! Belle apparently does not appreciate the clippers between her toes. It is the first time we have shaved her feet and I now call them "Princess Feet" as we used to call our late dog Nikki's when we would shave hers. Mark is not too keen on them I don't think. Belle looks so delicate now! I will have to do some more trimming tomorrow as I can see some spots here or there. If I don't let her hair grow to ridiculous lengths again, I think next time will be much easier! Decide for yourself how my skills are in the dog grooming business :)
We are still trying to sell the truck so we went to all kinds of trouble, okay just a little really, to park it legally on the lot of a church in town. We even paid a "donation" of $5/day to do so. This morning we went and picked it up since our 2 days were up and lo-and-behold there was a parking ticket on it.... from like 5 hours after we parked it Saturday! Mark had the permission form taped up in the window!! My thoughts are that either a) Officer Nathanson needs to be a bit more thorough, i.e. walk around the vehicles fully or b)He is one of those cops that doesn't like firemen so when he saw the TFD sticker he thought he'd ticket it. I'm sure there are other possible scenarios but I'm stickin' with those. We had to write a letter today that we have to mail in with the ticket to try and get it dropped. I know! Ridiculous. Oh well though. At least we have a car to get a ticket on :)
1 comment:
i didnt know that cops didnt like fireman???
Bella is beautiful!
Post a Comment