Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dark night & much rain

So Mark & I did the unthinkable yesterday and went to see "The Dark Knight" in the real theatre... as in the one that costs more than $1 :) We did, however, go to the matinee and we both feel it was worth it. If you have not seen it yet, do go. It is dark, no pun intended seriously. But it is so well done and well acted. Ledger really must receive the Oscar (or whatever it is good actors all want)... it made my grief over his way too early death. So sad. He showed truly amazing skills as this was unlike any character he has played... really unlike any ever played by anyone.

I then went with mark to his doctor where we thought he was going to get a large mole removed that the city doctor had basically told mark was skin cancer. Yeah, its a mole. He is still going to go to a dermatologist and have it cut out though, better safe than sorry. And yes, we still paid the $20 co-pay for the doctor to tell us, "It's a mole". Sigh. They getcha goin, they getcha comin. Oh well, just money.

We finally had a major rainstorm last night after a while of no rain. I LOVE desert storms. There is nothing quite like them. It lulls me to sleep in no-time flat. Not that I've needed much help lately. I am so glued to the Olympics I have been trying to force myself to stay awake at night to see all that I can... and still trying to get up at the same time though. Yeah, doesn't work so well. When I finally realized last night that my attempts to stay awake were in vain (maybe the fact that suddenly it was 12:20am, the olympics were STILL going, and I had been totally asleep on the couch for like an hour), I gave in and went to bed. Apparently the Olympics can go on without me. Tough reality. :)

I have been managing to get up early in the mornings though. I am getting pretty consistent gonig to the gym, minus today. Yesterday I started out first thing with some major pruning in the front and back yards. My palm trees look great after their haircut and the rose bushes can breathe after having not been pruned in forever. I only aquired about 7 cuts in the whole process. Gloves seem to never come to my mind till after at least 3 cuts. I'm still thinking about long pants in the future. Wounds heal though, so probably not. We have started a new thing with Belle. I decided I think she'd do well not being put in her cage when we leave. So, we tried it and with great success! We just close the bedroom doors and she has free roam of the tiled areas... and her toys and food/water of course. When we got home yesterday, she was very sweetly curled up in her favorite bed in the hallway. I love my dog.

No comments: