Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Randomness

How bout that Michael Phelps? I've been enjoying the Olympics thoroughly despite lack of sleep because of them and the never ending pictures of that young man. I believe we have been getting homered big time in gymnastics... i'm totally behind Bela Karolyi's view on things and I think there needs to be some protests. But i'm just a novice. I mean, maybe someone does deserve a bronze medal on the vault when you have several errors AND land on your knees, right??

It was a good weekend overall. Saturday I had breakfast with my friend Tami. It was great to just get to catch up for a bit and I'm thrilled her mom does not have to have even chemo after her masectomy. Yay for early detection! Laura then went with me to the other side of the world, er town, for a baby shower. I decided to finally be the one who doesn't go off the registry and got what I think are a couple really cute outfits for 3 and 6 months. It was a beautiful home that I can dream off and some good food and fellowship. After we took naps back at the ranch, we met my parents for some good Mexican food and some great live music from a band called the Retro Rockets that has one of my friends husbands in it. They are a 50/60's cover band... it was some good times. I got my dance on for a couple songs.

Somehow Mark and I both managed to totally sleep past church Sunday morning after he got home from work. We had to pull ourselves together though for lunch at the Senior Livingood's to celebrate Matt & my birthdays this month. I'm super excited to spend my DSW (yay shoes!) and BB & B gift cards and the money from the 'rents. Belle enjoyed more time with the cousin dogs and we all had some good laughs.

Yesterday was back to the gym, my first time to court, and then to the hospital to see a new baby! (do we sense a theme in my life?? And no, we are not planning on having one right now). The court date for the infamous parking ticket finally arrived. Some ask why we just didn't pay the $50 seeing as we are in just about that much in time, money & parking. Well, it is principle alright?!! And, thank you very much, we did get it dismissed finally! The judge was super nice and went over the laws with us. Short version? The church we PAID to park our truck at for sale is totally illegal in doing that... only the owner of the property can park his vehicle for sale there so pretty much every vehicle every day can get a ticket parking there. Even after paying the church! Did i mention there is like 6 or more vehicles there every day?? Yeah, ridiculous. Luckily the "Community Service Officer" who wrote our ticket didn't write it for the correct thing, so we got off as we were able to prove permission to be there. All is well that ends well...and the church is gettin' a visit from us.

Mark's best man and friend is now a father. Baby Jaden was born yesterday morning... and Mark actually held her! It is really kinda first for him with a tiny baby. We are excited for them and i'm sure they'd love our excitement to spell out into babysitting. I'm sure it will :) Well we are onto some home projects now the first of which is pulling out all the grass in our backyard and bringing the dirt down to the right level. Then putting in pretty grass. This is quite a chore. I was some good help to Mark for about 20 minutes flat last night as I helped pull up the grass as he hacked at it with a shovel. What bonding. I still say, "Call in the forces!" but Mark claims he enjoys manual labor so needs no such thing. Hey forces, feel free to come help!! :)

1 comment:

Nicole B said...

Happy birthday...and you BETTER take some pics of the shoes you get...and the new pretty backyard!