Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Newest Addition!

Ha! And you thought we were havin' a kid! Hate to disappoint, but, its just a car! :)

We brought him home today... a 1997 FJZ80 Toyota Land Cruiser (we think its a 40th Anniversary Edition). Yeah, be jealous. Apparently, we now own the real man's 4x4, or so I'm being told. There will be no living with my husband now... a fire fighter AND owner of a Land Cruiser.  LOL.

Seriously though, it is a pretty tight ride.  We found it on Craigslist yesterday (i've been searching for several days) and although it was like 7pm we went to go check it out last night... the dude's phone was apparently ringing off the hook! So anyhow, we went, we liked, we bought.  Or, at least we gave all we could get out of the ATM, and had to finalize this morning. It was a pretty funny night actually... first of all, who knew you can only get $500 out of an ATM?! And, just for the record, you can't get it out of multiple ATM's either... we tried, LOL. :) I would try to describe the experience of meeting the guy selling the vehicle, but I don't think it would do it justice. You just can't write it! It was like Mexican mafia meets trust fund baby meets "Pawn Stars" meets white suburban neighborhood.  See, like I said, it doesn't work.  It was memorable to say the least.

So, we have a couple things that need attention on the Cruiser and then we have to go through emissions (say a prayer) and then we are golden. By the way, He needs a name... all suggestions will be considered.  Just keep in mind his past life... he came from southern Cali, he was stolen, most likely spoke Spanish for a bit, then was re-Americanized into Vegas.  In English, this means he was a theft recovery.  So yeah, He's got a colorful past, but who doesn't?

Speaking of, today when I delivered some product to a friend, a women of God I really admire, I got to bring along a video I borrowed from the 'rents called, "How Great is Our God." Its a sermon by Louie Giglio. It is AMAZING!! (p.s. Dad, I lent it to her) This was the second time I've watched it, and I'm thinking I need to watch it every week.  It is truly amazing... check out about 9 min's of it (then track one down and watch all 40 minutes!!!)... (you may need to pause the music on my blog first)


Seriously, I'm so in AWE of the God I serve... after watching this video I truly feel like I could move mountains, because MY GOD is THAT big!!  It goes right along with my new fave quote, "Stop telling God how big your problems are and start telling your problems how BIG your God IS!" Friends, we CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens us, who HOLDS us together.  I know that if I truly grasp this, my fears will totally fall away and nothing will seem too hard.  Even in the midst of pain and sorrow, I pray we remember that "In Christ all things hold together."  Ya'll, if you don't know Jesus - you really need to meet Him. He will change your life...  

1 comment:

Nicole B said...

ok...Given his checkered past...i vote for a jersey shore nickname. i hope you are familiar with the Jersey Shore phenomanon (or else this is going to make NO sense). Using your last name in the Jersey Shore nickname generator...here are the suggestions:

The Situation
Natural Light
The Prince of Paramus
L Tan
The Deltoid
L Muscle
The Impact
Juice Springsteen
The Condition
L Gel

And if you dont know what i am talking about...turn on MTV for a couple of hours and then reread.