Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Update

Yep, took a couple days off this ol' blog here... but you had a couple long ones, so it will be okay :)
Anyhoo- yesterday was awesome as I got to spend most of the day with my niece, 'rents, 2 Aunts and a Grandma! I got to give Addy a bath, and since I'm much more experienced at dog bathing, she got close to the same treatment. Lucky for me, Addy rocks and just sat like the cutest kid in the world in the kitchen sink, happily playing with the dish sponge while I attempted to clean her. I also got to walk her to sleep in my arms like the good ol' days.  However, she is not 7 lbs like back then, so my arms were quite shaky by the time she finally gave in to sleep.  Oh well, it was worth it!.

Today was adventurous as Mark & I ventured out to hike yet again. This time we tackled the awesome "Seven Falls" hike, which does, in fact, end at 7 waterfalls... in the middle of the desert! Because our wet winter and lots of mountain snow melt, there ended up being MUCH more water than we thought about. After forging the "river" once in bare feet, and wanting to cry, Mark took pity on me and decided he would piggy back me each time. Well, on the way up, there is 7 cross backs!!! By the time we were done (5 hours later), Mark had trekked me across the freezing cold, rocky, strong currented water 15 times!  What a man! We got a kick out of the other husbands hounding him for giving their wives ideas... and one guy even said, "You must not be married yet!" I was more than proud to inform him otherwise... perhaps it will help him view his own actions as "husband" better... probably not.  Much to Mark's chagrin, he slipped on the next to last crossover, and although my right foot was the only bodily victim to the freezing waters, my sunglasses met their demise.  They either sank quick or took a ride downstream! :) It was a great time overall... perfect overcast day of 70 degrees. Loved it.

And the day just got better with some good food and a buzzer beater win for the Wildcats.  We got Olympics watching in tonight (and last night) so that is always great - loved the bobsled victory for the US! We have Land "Natural Light" Cruiser up for sale on Ebay, so Mark has been watching that diligently. We are excited to see what happens! It ends tomorrow night so I'll let ya know as soon as we do. 

And, just for the record, Mark worked an extra duty 24 shift yesterday... basically an obvious example of the ridiculousness of the decisions of the Tucson leaders of late.  Hey, if they want to give Mark a couple days off from straight pay and let him work a couple for pay and a half, more power to 'em!!

1 comment:

Nicole B said...

aww...so sweet for Mark to carry you thru the water. yay for the good guys!