Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ouch.

Let's start today with a multiple choice question.
What vehicle would have higher insurance premiums:
1. 2003 Ford Ranger 4x4 with 65,000 miles
2. 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 with 90,000 miles

This is a trick question, in case that helps.  If you picked #2, you are far more informed than Mark & I were... until today.  WHAT the heck?! We were all excited thinking we made a good choice... sweet ride, lower insurance, lower registration... yep, we have 1 out of the 3 so far.  Oh well.  It was a nice thought.  Oh yeah, Allstate also raised the premium on the Acura over $70/yr when we added the Cruiser.  Seriously, are we in good hands right now?! I'm just sayin'.

So today is Shanghai Rummy day... oh how I look forward to these days! We get to celebrate Jo's 84th birthday today too. 84, how cool is that? I really hope I have lived well when I'm that age. I'm realizing how quickly life goes. So, I will not just hope, I will plan, and then work my plan.  And then I can be sure to have lived well.  Today, I got up at 5am. I did not go to the gym, just felt like I better get other things done, and it turned out to be a good instinct.  I will make it up later.  My body likes to tell me how it feels and what it wants to do, but you know, I've decided to start givin' it a piece of my mind.  I'll let you know how that works out. 
"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name, He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the game" ~Grantland Rice

No comments: