Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I am doing it...

It did not happen Monday, but Praise the Lord I had another chance today... and I did it! Even despite a fitfull night, and not a full night, of sleep brought on by a restless dog (yes, she was on the bed, or course) and weird dreams precipitated (is that the right word?!) by seeing the movie "Avator" yesterday afternoon, I shot (or stumbled) out of bed when the alarm went off at 5am.  I threw some fresh cut strawberries, prepared last night, with some Mountain High Lowfat Vanilla yogurt and newly acquired Cold Milled Ground Flax Seed down my throat, let the dog out to do her business, washed my face and jumped in the car... it was Body Pump time!! I made it, one minute late, to my 5:30am class at the gym and seeing as I live 15 min's away, I think that's pretty good.  I was expecting a Body Combat class, akin to kick boxing I hear, but alas they changed the schedule to Body Pump - doesn't matter - they both aim to kill.  After all...

These classes are great... not sure my body agreed as I almost lost my fruit and yogurt, and I almost could not walk DOWN 4 steps afterwards, but hey, I will battle my body!

It is a GOOD hurt. Remind me of that tomorrow. Oh, and did I mention I had TWO AND A HALF pound weights on my bar?! Yeah, laugh now, meet me at the gym...

Monday proved exciting for Mark - he actually fought a nice house fire.  If you consider fire nice.  Luckily it was an abandoned house so no one was hurt, except maybe the future of the 10 year old that threw the burning stick into it. Unwise decision.

And, for the record, Fish (the name of my fish) does have a clean bowl, and Belle is clean and fluffy.  And, on top of all that, my floors will be clean today because last night we got a SHARK STEAM MOP! I used it on a 10x10 section last night, and seriously, YOU HAVE TO GET ONE!!! I'll post pics another day... be warned though, WHEN you get one, you will feel like your floors have always been filthy!

Just to keep you up to date - Addison also started walking Monday. Yep, they went to a neighbors house and she thought, "Hm, I think I want to walk around this place!" and off she took. I hope to see her today - if i make the treck to her house. 

On a serious note - please keep the Schlecht family in prayer.  Update on yesterdays posting, the 4 year old girl also died.  Also, I forgot to mention the woman who died and her husband go to my church... so Wayne Schlecht lost his wife and granddaughter yesterday.  They took the baby by c-section, and the baby is doing fine I hear, but it is not looking good for the mother.  The Lord gives and takes away... we do not always understand.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad you got the Shark! I think I may be seeing one in my house in the near future considering our new house is ALL tile. Happy cleaning!