Monday, April 5, 2010

To the Praise of His Glory

So I am an avid reader, many of you know.  I have not been able to keep up my books on my shelf here as I'm reading too fast :). Anyhow, I just started and finished a book this week called, "Why I Stayed."  It is by Gayle Haggard, the wife of Ted Haggard, the former pastor of a mega church in Colorado Springs.  Ted, on November 1st, 2006, had all his junk laid before the world, and his secrets were brought to light.  Over the past 3 years, God has done a remarkable work in him and his family... and his wife, Gayle, became a true example of Christ in helping Ted overcome. I am captivated by the blood of Jesus, yet again (as I hope to always be) as I have been watching recent interviews with the Haggards and hearing the story of how and who God has used to begin the restoration process in their lives.  Ted and I are now friends on Facebook.

Well, I stumbled on a video at the Living Hope Church, where they also had the Haggards do an interview you can see there, of Paul Young. He wrote the best seller, "The Shack".  I encourage you to take 50 minutes and watch his testimony here http://www.livinghopechurch.com/group/lhc/media_video/player/459.  God so wants us to be free... and I feel I am in the midst of opening my own shack at the moment.  Above that, I have felt the burden of this country lately... the burden of the body of Christ turning against itself.  So much judgement, finger pointing, fear, resentment.  It is now how it should be.  Do we not know that our battle is not against flesh and blood? Have we not been given our tools of warfare? Are we not here to spread the Good News and to encourage each other?  Our church is in the midst of our week of a 24/7 ongoing prayer room.  I was blessed to be able to take an hour last night.  Oh what a humbling time before the Lord.  I want to be broken, well not really, but yes, I do... so that I can truly put all my hope, trust and desire in Christ alone. 

Yesterday, I got to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ at two different churches, then I got blessed to partake in dinner with a family I'm not related to except as brothers and sisters in Christ.  That is awesome.  That is how it should be.  To rejoice with so many others in so many places, I loved it.  Lord, may I live to the Praise of Your Glory. Teach me how to love like you. 
How wide, high and long is the Love of Christ?

Both Ted and Paul have shown me the past couple days not only the power of Christ to forgive and make all things new, but the power of a person willing to step up and take the hard road... the road that Christ takes with each of us... the road of unconditional love, of mourning with someone and encouraging them to keep the faith, repent and go in the opposite direction... that is the road both of their wives chose.  They are incredible examples for me.

No comments: