For the record, after Wednesday's class, with my 5 lb weights, I could not move my legs freely until yesterday. I kid you not. And unfortunatley, my hopes that swimming & hot tub at the gym on Friday would help loosen things up more than the walking I had done Thursday proved a double edged sword. Legs were much better... couldn't move my arms Saturday. Se la vie. Alas, it is Monday, I decided against class today this morning, I don't want to risk yet MORE overdoingit.
Had a delightful Mary Kay meeting Thursday - a guest director from Florida spoke and it was SO what I needed to hear. She was trained by Mary Kay herself (she's had her business for 33 years) so basically took us back to what Mary Kay taught - which is SIMPLE. Love it, love Mary Kay. Had a most delightful facial on Friday morning as well - kept it simple, it was splendid.
Saturday proved most interesting with an early treck up the mountain to meet family to spread my Grandpa John & Grandma Pat's ashes. It was a beautiful morning and beautiful place. Some of us stayed up for a potluck picnic. I was exhausted, apparently and took a pretty good nap afterwards. I really enjoyed getting to see Addison... she is just too cute.
Yesterday we "practiced" at our church's greeting center where new folks come after each service to find out about the church and how to get connected. We are now going to be helping there when Mark is off. We have a big church, so lots of visitors. We are looking forward to it. I also helped do a fundraiser for a group going to a school in India to love on children that are orphans and have aids. Unfortunately, despite having a Silpada jewerly rep and the great MK tables I set up, it was close to a bust if you measure it by financial gains. So frustrating, I was really hoping to help... and I had great gifts in different price ranges for dads, grads and moms. So glad God owns the cattle on a thousand hills.
When we stopped home real quick in the evening we happened to catch our neighbors who live directly across the steet - a single mom & her 8 yr old son. I have thought it curious there were no Christmas decorations done this past year and that I did not see her coming and going much lately. Found out that "lately" has been since November 5 when (apparently I was not home and Mark was working) hot oil lit on fire in her kitchen, and it ended up lighting her on fire. She was in the burn hospital in Phoenix for 2 months...
Talk to your neighbors. I feel like a heel. Funny thing, she was glad to connect with me, she just decided she wanted to use Mary Kay again (I've never talked to her about it, again, I'm a heel)... so she got a foundation last night. Such a weird day.
1 comment:
man...i think God is trying to tell me something about talking to neighbors. My dad said something about it, then your blog. weird!
Post a Comment