Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's going to be a good day...

Yesterday was nice, unusual and nice.  Mark & I not only went to one movie, but two! Yep, we made it a double header for the afternoon... first we saw "The Book of Eli" - a darker movie of sorts with a good message - then we finished with "Sherlock Holmes" - kinda dark in its own way as well, but with a lighter tone. 

So, do you think my life is easy? I have found that a frustration for me lately - someone said I was "lucky" yesterday.  This was due to the fact I slept in Monday morning, much needed sleep, yet they did not seem to care I got up at 5:40 yesterday. Interesting.  I would say I have made choices, as everyone has, and those choices may make my life "easier" in some ways, but I actually think the better word would be slower.  And I don't think that's bad.  If you wanted a slower life, then why'd you have kids? Why would I be "lucky" because I don't have as much responsibility as you?  And, actually, do I not, or is mine just different from yours?  I have had to start saying "No" to things even more lately... I am feeling a deep saddness as more and more people are seeming to seek me out to have me do things, to volunteer, not for relationship.  That doesn't feel lucky to me.  My long distance friendships are even more dear than ever - because relationship is the only possibility - I have nothing else to offer from 2,000 miles away.

On to today... I have participated in my 1hour body pump class, went to 2 grocery stores, cleaned the kitchen, put dishes away & washed them, have dinner cooking in the slow cooker, and trimmed the roses and pulled some weeds.  And that was by 8:15AM. 

Unfortunately, that also involved me having to step out of my class for a minute or two (a humbling experience for one who does not like failure) as a bowl of cereal may have been too much right before class and was about to revisit... I realized when I got home I bought two things at the store I already had...I made a nice little clean slice in my hand with a knife... and I broke my favorite vase we were given for our wedding.  And that was by 8:15AM.

It's going to be a good day... cause it can only go up from here!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Kat, I love your friendship and am so glad I don't have to live 2,000 miles away to enjoy you! Do hope your day was a good one - and I absolutely can't believe what you did before 8:15!!!!! That's just awesome/crazy! Love you dear friend.

Nicole B said...

i love your friendship too!

dont worry about what people say about your job. You work your tail off...we all know it!