Weekend was great! Saturday we went, again, to the "Before I do" seminar at church. It was just in the morning and we have been there before (and obviously have "I dude" already), but now we went as mentors. And, the cool part is, we left having a couple to mentor! I am pretty excited, and nervous. However, all we are here for is to walk along with them, to lend an ear and our experience. Should be exciting to see how God works!!
We then went on a date of sorts to Macaroni Grill, thanks to gift cards from LAST Christmas...as in a year ago. Since we love to eat, I have no excuse as to why we didn't use them sooner, we just didn't get around to it. We finished off the night with a home viewing of "Public Enemy"... let's just say not exactly a big pick me up. My money was on Batman the whole time... Jack Sparrow didn't stand a chance. Beyond that, no real moral to the story... okay, maybe, "Rob banks long enough, you will get a bullet in your head." I know, shocker there.
Yesterday, after a great time at church of course, we were geared up to go to a Wildcats Basketball game party when we got a call from Mark's bro & sister-in-law (season ticket holders). They had extra tickets! So, we canceled our party appearance for the real deal. We had a splendid time as it harkened back to our first date...and the seats were nearly in the same place (high up!). Mark begged me not to almost get him in a fight like that time, so I had to behave. Seiously, what is the fun in that? Oh well. The fans around us were entertainment enough, especially the old guy that would yell randomly... his highlights were anything with the word "Zebra" and my favorite, "Let them play! We need to go to church!" I'll give him that it was 6pm, and there was excessive whistle blowing, LOL.
We topped the night off with some In 'n' Out Burger... nice way to end my first week of working out :)

No comments:
Post a Comment