Anyhow, it was a day. A rainy day. A cold day. A I-just-want-to-curl-up-on-the-couch-with-warm-tea-and-a-book day. Unfortunately, it is on these days, where I don't FEEL like working or being productive in life, that God says, "So, what'll it be Katrina?" Seriously, God? You want me to cowboy up and work, TODAY? But I don't feel good! But I don't want to! BUT BUT BUT...
But, I did, and I am so glad I made that decison.
"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is important, becuase I'm exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, not loss; good, not evil; success, not failure. In order that I shall not regret the price I paid for it because the future is just a whole string of nows. ~UnknownI spent some time with my Lord, did necessary tasks in the home and finances, made the business calls, got myself put together, and set out. After delivering to a couple customers and spending a few minutes with each, and then heading off to my MK meeting, I was feeling so much better. Yeah, physically, I was not any different, still below par, but if you don't focus on that, then it does not have the power to control you! No, I did not make it to the gym, and to be honest with everyone, have not been this week. I am not thrilled with that, but I refuse to let that hold me back or quit. I have tomorrow to turn it around!
Of course, my lovely friend Kimberly called yesterday and encouraged me with how she has tried the new workout... so of course my first reaction (in my head) was guilt over being a slacker this week. I stopped that thought though, because I will continue to succeed in that area, and will pick back up in the coming days. I will keep going Kimberly!! Negative thoughts like to try and take over, but I am fighting back at them.
"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:13-14
No comments:
Post a Comment