Today I look forward to another day of Shanghai Rummy... seriously, all people should have a group like this. The old, the young, the in-between. Not to mention its just plain fun! I think I should start keeping track of my winnings (okay, I lose too, won't lie!). First I have some MK to deliver and banks to visit. The days are busy, and for that I am thankful.
Yesterday was some work, then in late afternoon, Mark and I took off for the hills!! I was very glad to get to have him along on the hike this time. I'm not sure we are the best survivalists as we would just wonder down trails and hope we run into another sign to tell us where to go... apparently it works. One thing I noticed this time, that I faild to on Friday, were the "Beware of Mountain Lion" signs posted. Recently spotted Lions cause the alarm, but hey, its easy to miss neon orange signs, right? Here's my only question regarding that... You can be observant, but really, if there is suddenly a Lion attached to your face, does noticing it do much good? I'm just sayin'. All in all, great hike...and about 6 miles of it! Did not hit the gym today, but it's all good... may get something in this evening.
On a more "Spiritual" note, I have come across several times in the past few days the issue of nourishment. Like, "To keep in shape spiritually, we need spiritual nourishment & exercise." and of course the verse on, "Man does not live on bread alone..." So when God brings something to me a few times, I tend to listen up (hard head, I know). This is what I'm chewing on, how to stay spiritually nourished. It fits as I'm focusing quite a bit on physical nourishment & exercise. I'd love to know anyone's thoughts on this matter. I'm feeling it goes just beyond a little prayer, a little Bible reading... and so I'm striving towards more... more of God.

1 comment:
yes...i suppose when there is a lion attached to your face, noticing it in advance is a moot point. that made me laugh outloud!
Post a Comment