I did it! I was in bed around 9:30pm last night, and out of bed by 5:15am this morning... Halelujah! I got so much done by 10am, its scary :). My 60 mins of cardio was fabulous, and might I add, I am able to walk today, though a bit sore. Working out definitely helped loosen my poor muscles up for sure. For those who call me "insane" (Nicole), with a good book, good music, and 4 different tv programs in front of you, 60 mins of cardio is very doable! I might have sided with you before, but now after doing it twice, I have no excuse.
That brings me to today's thoughts... on Change. Not like the penny you find on the ground change, but like the life altering kind. I am currently reading (and finishing quite quickly during my cardio sessions!) another John Maxwell book called "The Difference Maker - Making your attitude your greatest asset". You should read it. Today I read the part about change, and how people hate it. He quotes Mark Twain saying, "The only person who likes change is a wet baby." Read it again, you'll laugh.
There is much more to it, but what really stuck out to me was that all change, even good change, is the end of something. It costs, something. For instance, losing weight which will allow me to fit into all my clothes, is good. But it requires a change... I must give up playing Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook and head to the gym instead. I know, big cost there, but hey, I like playing Bejeweled Blitz. (You know you can't beat my high score). So, I ask you this... what needs to change in your life? I challenge you, nay I double dog dare you, to count the cost, pick the right time, and do it, make the change. It is NEVER too late to change.
"Ah, life has turning points, they won't disappear
Rise up to greet them and conquer your fear.
The choice is simple, it's as clear as can be:
Will I master change or will change master me?"
from a poem by Dick Biggs titled "Will I Master Change, or Will Change Master Me?" (in the book)
P.S. Mark may get furlough days yet...stay tuned!
1 comment:
nobody can call you a slacker...515in the morning BY CHOICE?! You go girl!
Post a Comment