Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Popcorn Diet

For those who don't know already, I have a slight obsession with popcorn... especially Kettle Corn and Stir Crazy made regular popcorn.  Seriously, if you want to make me feel special, just show up with some Kettle Corn and I'm in heaven.  When I eat a big lunch and its getting late, I think that popcorn is the #1 option for dinner... apparently if I do it 2 nights in a row though, it leads Mark to believe I'm embarking on what he calls, "The Popcorn Diet."  Knowing all the diet books out there, I'm sure there is one with that title. If not, I may make my first Million before 30 yet!

Yesterday, lets just say I cleaned up at Shanghai Rummy... I walked away $2 richer, and the ladies didn't know what hit them. Okay, maybe they do, as they always threaten to find someone else to play with them.  Its really just their way of saying "They dig me" though.  I told them I'll send one of my other family member's over to play instead...and then they'd be beggin' me to come back. It was a lot of fun, as usual.  Mark & I finished up the evening with a viewing of X-Men III - he got the triology from my 'rents for Christmas. Its a good pic if you haven't seen it.  Lots of crazy mutant action. I personally think having wings would be cool, but that's just me.

Anyhow, today proved busy again, which is great! Good times doing some skin care & color with my ma-in-law and some deliveries.  Oh, lets not forget the best part though. I went out to my car to get mom's products out of the trunk, closed the trunk, and THEN realized the keys were not in my hand.  Bummer. Praise the Lord I pulled that trick at the in-laws, which is not too far from us, and that Mark was home.  He saved his damsel in distress.  Today was just one of those days, ya know? Forget things, lock things, lose things, hit things, etc etc. 


I must say, my book on "Attitude" came through like a champ today... I honestly just rolled with the punches. Even when Belle decided rolling in fresh bird poop seemed like a good idea. Really?? Speaking of, her new thing is wanting to be near you when you are in the shower or tub, so she stretches herself all the way out so she can see into the tub. So, finally, I gave her what I thought she wanted, and just plopped her in with Mark yesterday. Yeah, not her idea of a good time... and yet she still was there this morning wanting in... She has no idea I'm going to put her in again sometime. Poor dog :)

On a final note, as I seem to be rambling today, I did get to see my niece again today. I see her far too little, so I cherish each moment. Mark ran errands with me, deliveries, bank, visiting, so that was super nice. He makes a cute cheauffer :).
 

No comments: