Thursday, January 14, 2010

Like it's 1999

So here I am...


For those who don't know, I have been growing my hair out. So, in honor of that, I pulled out the old Clairol hot rollers like I used to use in High School a lot.  I was super excited because I picked these up at a yard sale last year for $3 and not only do they work, they had EVERY wire holder!! Can't beat that. So here I sit, with the rollers in, something I have not experienced since High School... kinda weird!

I'll let you know how it turns out :)  So today I skipped the gym and did the P90-X Stretching video.  AMAZING!  Highly recommend as my sore muscles felt great by the end. God bless Tony! 

On a deeper note, I wanted to share a few sentences from my devotions yesterday... they are taken out of a book called "Life More Abundantly" I blelieve.
"Just as the wise sailor can use a head wind to carry him forward by tacking and taking advantage of its impelling force, so it is possible for us in our spiritual life through the victorious grace of God to turn to account the things that seem most unfriendly and unfavorable and to be able to say continually, 'The things that were against me have happened to the furtherance of the Gospel.' "
Ponder that a bit... my hope and prayer is that we can all say that at the conclusion of our trials. I know many of you are going through MUCH tougher things than I, but I also know we serve a good God, and that he can work good out of all situations. 

Love you all!!