"Lord Jesus, would you help me? I need you. Lord, I feel that there are giants of fear and failure staring down at me, waiting to crush me. And I don't know how to beat 'em, Lord. I'm tired of being afraid. Lord, if you want me to do something else, show me... But You're my God. You're on the throne. You can have my hopes and my dreams. Lord, give me something. Show me something." Grant Taylor in Facing the GiantsThis is where I'm at... crying out for help. I fear being stuck where I'm at in all areas for the rest of my earthly life. But I desire to accomplish what I was created to do and be. And I desire to do so for the glory of God. I believe God hears me, and I believe He can do so much more in my life than I could ever ask or imagine.
"Our faith in prayer can be no passing attitude that changes with the wind or with our own feelings and circumstances; it must be a fact that God hears and answers, that His ear is ever open to the cry of His children, and that the power to do what is asked of Him is commensurate with His willingness." E. M. Bounds
I have so many friends facing giants of all kinds in their lives as well. The best it seems I can do is pray for them too. I am being reminded that pray is no small effort though, that prayer, along with obedience to what God leads as far as practical action to help, is the most powerful weapon against the forces at work. The forces of darkness that are seeking to steal, kill and destroy lives cannot and will not stand against the Light that is loosed through the prayers of righteous men and women.

No comments:
Post a Comment